Popular Post

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Original Production Art - Thermos Lunch Box Company





Shown here are some rare photos from our good friend, the BATFAN. Awhile back he bought the original production art from the graphic artist who did the artwork for the BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Plastic Lunch Box. It was made by the Thermos Lunch Box Company in 1992. Some of you might have this actual item, I do. I used to be very serious about collecting lunch boxes but I only collected the embossed-metal ones from the 1960's through the 1980's. The reason, the very last metal lunch box was the one for the Rambo movie in 1987. After that they were all plastic. I remember that when I started to collect them a lot of people hated the "new plastic ones". OK, I admit that they don't have the charm or nostalgia of the embossed-metal ones but since many new collectors grew-up with them they don't know any better, ha ha! Now, as a crazy obsessed collector of "everything Batman" I have picked-up a few different plastic ones with Batman that I have come across at Garage Sales & so on. I totally love them just because they're bat-related. Sorry to go off on my stupid "Lunch Box History", ha ha, back to this amazing artwork. I have always loved & WILL always love the Animated Series. It was just such an incredible TV show & I collect ALL the great merchandise that came out of it. So for that reason it's extremely cool to me to see the original production art right here. Basically, I guess for the artist, it was just designing a HUGE sticker that went on the front of the lunch box. But the artwork is wonderful & really true to the show. I remember when this box came out & was surprised that they used The Penguin for the front & not the Joker. But there was that Danny Devito character ( Batman Returns, live-action movie ) at the time so maybe they were trying to catch on to his perceived popularity. Either way it's a great piece of Bat-memorabilia & I wanna thank BATFAN for sharing these wonderful photos. I guess I should also mention that besides the artwork shown here you can also see some unused stickers in the pics too. There's a small strip of 3 large stickers from the factory that were never used, that's really cool! On a side-note, BATFAN actually sent the original art for more lunch boxes so look for them in the future. Also, please be sure to click on the pics up above for larger, sharper, photos...they're nice! One last thing, I wanna thank BATFAN again for e-mailing these wonderful photos, I really appreciate it.