Popular Post

Kenner's SUPER POWERS 25th Anniversary - a Look At The Action Figures & Vehicles!








Oh Yea! I knew that I had to start this off with a showing of the 1980's Batman & Robin Action Figures, but that's not all!! In the Kenner's SUPER POWERS line of toys there were 5 that were what I'm calling "Batman-related". There was Batman, Robin, The Joker, The Penguin, & The Riddler! Wait! The Riddler? Some Americans might not remember the Riddler as one of the characters because he was only made as a SUPER AMIGOS figure for the South American market. In fact, he was made in Argentina! His name was "El Acertijo"...I love that! He's super-rare / very hard to find today & usually sells for quite a lot. OK, now, back to the US releases we all know & love! The figures were originally sold on large blister cards with a bubble, just like today's figures. But, they also sold these on very narrow cards later that toy collectors call "short cards". There's also some other buzz words but where I live that's what we always called them, ha ha! I've tried to show examples here & there, when I have pics of them. This 1st post will feature a few characters & then later posts will show others...so please follow along! Also, in this post, are some pictures of the 2 Batman-related vehicles they made. One, of course, is the now-classic Batmobile!! This car is a fan favorite & I have always loved it. It just has great style!! Now you're probably thinking, "Hey! I only see the original box here, where's the toy?". Well, that's gonna be shown later, I promise. The next vehicle is the Bat-Copter. This helicopter toy is a little harder to find then the Batmobile but just as cool ( I wish I had a better photo of the original box, sorry. But this pic does give you an ok example ). The funny thing is that Kenner had kept the mold for this product & re-issued it later in total black for one of the later Batman movies...funny! Now - I'm gonna be featuring more Kenner's SUPER POWERS 25th Anniversary goodness so just keep going!!